Woohoo! I got accepted to present at OSCon again! I’m really excited about this one, too — I get to present about something non-work-related. The title of my presentation is “DVR Happiness: Gluing MythTV and TiVo together with Galleon“. Here is my proposed outline:
- Intro to DVRs
- TiVo: have you been under a rock?
- MythTV: learn all about video standards.
- Hacked TiVos can do great things
- Is your TiVo a tool or a toy?
- Stock TiVos can do cool stuff too
- ToGo: move video from TiVo to PC
- GoBack: move video from PC to TiVo
- MP3s: streaming from anywhere
- Image Galleries: beyond just snapshots
- Galleon Gets You More
- Implements the server-side of TiVo features
- On-the-fly format conversion
- Making Tivo recordings available to MythTV
- Format conversion
- Making MythTV recordings available to TiVo
- Mounting a MythTV filesystem with FUSE
- Making your MythTV remote make noises
- Short-cuts with the Linux IR daemon
EDIT: WordPress pisses me off so very much when it comes to lists, indenting, and code snippets. Some day, I will switch to something that just lets me type in HTML and doesn’t try to “fix” it for me afterwards. *fume*
© 2006, Kees Cook. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.